The history of Earlscliffe

Earlscliffe was built in 1870 as a large, private house in Folkestone’s desirable West End, a short stroll from the sea and famous promenade, The Leas.

The building has now existed as a centre for education for many years. Just as we welcome students from overseas today, so it was during the Second World War when it was home to the Dr Leonore Goldschmidt Schule, a school for German Jewish children who were brought from Berlin to the UK.

Apply for
Earlscliffe
Sixth Form

Download
a copy of our
prospectus